1. A natural, healthy smile that you are proud to show off.
2. No preparation of your teeth is required, meaning they remain strong.
3. Treatment can usually be completed in one short visit to the practice.
Composite bonding in London is an increasingly popular cosmetic dental treatment that is used to improve the shape, colour and overall appearance of teeth. We use white filling materials to either change the shape and contour of teeth or in some cases the whole smile.
There have been huge advances in the materials used in bonding dentistry in recent years, meaning composite bonding can be used for disguising minor imperfections in the front teeth, closing small gaps and hiding minor tooth rotations, with no damage to your teeth.
Most bonding can be done in one visit, and as we usually remove little if any tooth structure we rarely need to use anesthetic. The materials we use for this allow us to blend colours specific to each patient so we can produce a result that looks not only amazing but natural.
Bonding can either be used to repair chipped or damaged teeth or as part of a smile makeover.
This is how the treatment works:
- 1. Your dentist picks a shade of resin that matches the natural colour of your teeth.
- 2. The resin is carefully applied to your teeth, with no need for any work or damage to them.
- 3. Your dentist then carefully shapes and smooths the resin to hide any imperfections, for a result that looks entirely natural.
Once the resin has been shaped, it is hardened very quickly with the help of a special light.
Although composite bonding treatment does not last as long as veneers, many patients find the treatment is highly cost-effective. It can also be repeated with no damage at all to your teeth.