Taking care of your oral health is an investment in your overall health in 2021 and beyond! Schedule your dental check-up today!
When it comes time to set your new year resolutions, put a dental check-up on the list! One of the simplest and most effective resolutions you can make is to schedule a dental check-up. Good oral hygiene is obviously something that will make a difference in your life, but you might not be aware of just how much of a positive effect it can have on your whole health.
Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene are the best way to protect your oral health. Without proper brushing and flossing, plaque will begin to build up along the gum line in your mouth, which creates a breeding ground for bacteria. An infection in the gums, known as gingivitis, can lead to periodontitis, a more serious gum infection and potentially cause more serious health risks.
There are easy steps that can be made to protect and preserve the health of your mouth and ultimately your overall health. Good oral hygiene is essential, including:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily – preferably at night
- Eat a healthy diet and limit sugar and in between-meal snacks
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months (or sooner if bristles are frayed)
Schedule regular dental check-ups and cleanings
- Avoid tobacco use
- Contact Neem as soon as an oral health problem arises